Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Progress towards home!

Look mom! No tubes in my nose!
He still has the vent tubes and the pic line in his arm (only 1 medication going through it now) to play with, but we are making progress toward coming home.

I watched week by week and sometimes day by day as new tubes and wires were added, and I approved of each step. Now I cheer each step we take toward Timmy being able to smile again with his big full face smile that melts hearts of all who see it. Now I celebrate each time Timmy gains back mobility so he can play with his hands or hold my finger. We walked down the road to get answers, now we look forward to being able to love on our boy back home. 

They are beginning the process of turning down the vent settings to be sure that Timmy can handle breathing on his own before removing the vent tubes. If this goes well, it is a 2 day process from where Timmy's settings on the ventilator were. Step by step, inch by inch.

I was so close to scooping him up yesterday, but we have his medications pretty well balanced and I didn't want to upset anything. But once they get those tubes out of his mouth, I'm going to have my arms full of Timmy. I know I can say the same for Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment