Tuesday, October 25, 2016

An unexpected blessing

Today is a travel day. The kids get to go to the hospital to see mom, and mom gets to see the kids. This normally happens on Monday, but the ventilator made this weekend anything but normal. Extra help has made this week abnormal as well.

My younger brother e-mailed me Sunday to ask if they could help. His church had decided that our family needed help, so they told him to take his family and come help our family. His church is covering their travel and expenses, and will cover any services that they need to. He was e-mailing to see if coming would be a help. So we have a few extra hands on deck this week. I'm not sure what this week will hold, but God has been very gracious to work things out before we knew the need existed. The help will allow us to enjoy our visit with a little less stress, and allow me to spend more time with Jen this week. Needless to say, we are grateful for the people of the Harvest Baptist Church in North Vernon, Indiana, and for the added relief their help gives us this week.

I won't know how Timmy made out over night for several hours (news in the middle o the night is rarely good, so I am thankful there has been no news so far today), but wanted to post of our blessing. We will be traveling today, I'm beginning to lose track of mileage and time spent in travel, but even so, all my miles have been uneventful.

Last night seemed to have more time for prayer than for sleep. I'm not sure why, I wasn't overthinking things or dwelling on things, just not sleeping well. Then I get up and read from Psalm 4 this morning.

"There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? Lord, lift thou up the light of 
thy countenance upon us. Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that 
their corn and their wine increased. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, 
Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." - Psalm 4:6-8
David's answer to those who wondered if God was good and sought his blessing was that God had already blessed him beyond the physical blessings others were seeking. And that allowed him to sleep. I am comforted and challenged by David's encouragement this morning. If I look at my circumstances, I find little peace. If I look to my God, I have all the peace I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment