Sunday, March 19, 2017

More blessings

This week has convinced me that we have not totally escaped the fog that our heads have been in since late September of last year. When Timmy went in the hospital, we pressed 'pause' on a number of things in life. Normal, everyday things just got pushed aside to make room for the necessities: loving on Timmy, visiting Timmy, keeping each other encouraged and rested enough to meet the day's challenges, keeping kids fed, clothed, and learning, and keeping gas in the vehicles for the many trips to Rochester.

When we found out a month or so ago that the cardiologist thought Timmy was in a good place and much stronger than he was in the hospital, we felt a weight lift. And with it, I thought the fog had mostly rolled away.

Until this week. This week I found mail from December that I had not yet dealt with. I found papers that I stashed to deal with later that still need to be cared for. It made me somewhat upset at myself for not keeping up better, but these faces of Timmy always remind me of what is really important.

We are blessed that he continues to grow. We are blessed that he continues to develop. Certainly not on a standard schedule of development, but he is fighting his way forward. We are blessed to have the strength to care for him. We are blessed to have the finances to meet our needs and Timmy's needs (and then some). We are blessed to see these faces every day, to hear the sounds coming from his mouth, to watch his eyes dart around looking for us at various times.

God has been very good to us.






P.S. - for the observant, you may notice that these pictures are not the most recent pictures, but they are from this week, and we haven't shared them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment